This page summarizes some useful travel information for our visitors. Victoria is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island on the West Coast of Canada.
The nearest international airport is Victoria International Airport (YYJ), located 30 km north of downtown Victoria.
For visitors from Europe we suggest a routing via Vancouver (YVR). There are hourly flights between Vancouver and Victoria. Calgary (YYC) is the next best option. Avoid routings via Montreal or Toronto, as they add significantly to the travel time.
From the US side, Seattle is a hub with regular flight connections to Victoria, but there will be the additional complication of having to clear US Customs and immigration, which may increase connection times.
- Environment Canada weather forecast for the Victoria area.
- The City of Victoria website gives an excellent and comprehensive overview of the transportation options for getting to Victoria
- We have compiled a list of hotels that many of our visitors use
- The airport shuttle bus connects YYJ airport with many hotels in Victoria
- There are ferry connections to Victoria. Check BC Ferries for connections to Vancouver and BC Mainland. The Victoria Clipper operates between Seattle, WA and Victoria. Blackball Ferries has a direct connection to Port Angeles, WA