Embedded Systems Engineer
Rockland Scientific is seeking a talented and enthusiastic computer engineer to join our team. Core duties involve designing software and firmware for embedded systems.
Our goal is to enable scientific progress by creating novel oceanographic measurement equipment that helps scientists understand climate change. We specialize in measurement equipment for turbulence in oceans, rivers, lakes, and laboratories, which our customers use for studies in oceanography and limnology. Our main drive is to make our customers successful in their work. We pride ourselves to be experts in our field and the foremost manufacturer of turbulence measurement systems. Rockland Scientific Inc. is a growing, privately held company, in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. We offer RRSP matching, benefits, and salary commensurate with experience.
- Development of embedded software/firmware for microcontrollers
- Configuring FPGA and CPLD devices using HDL
- Embedded software development in C, C++
- Configuration and management of embedded ARM systems
- Develop testing procedures for verifying software and firmware design
- Documentation of code, user guides/manuals, technical notes
- Test, troubleshoot, and verify electronic designs
- Maintain and develop cross-platform desktop applications
- Develop and optimize code/algorithms written in MATLAB
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- C programming and Verilog are essential
- Familiarity with electronics design including CPLD and FPGA devices
- Knowledge of compilers and code optimization
- Ability to work with scientists to capture requirements and verify software behaviour
- Cross-platform desktop application development experience – familiar with Linux, Mac and Windows
- Familiarity with scientific programming. Experience with MATLAB and/or Julia is an asset
How to apply:
Send your resume (maximum 2 pages) plus cover letter describing why you are the best person for this position. Send as a PDF file to [email protected] with the subject line “Firmware Engineer”. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.