Rockland Scientific is seeking a talented and enthusiastic junior software developer to join our team in the Product Development department. Core duties are to develop complex applications for data visualization and user interaction, executed on a web server.
Rockland Scientific Inc. develops and manufactures scientific instruments for the measurement of turbulence for use in oceans, rivers, lakes, and laboratories. We pride ourselves to be experts in our field and the foremost manufacturer of turbulence measurement systems. Our main customers are researchers working in oceanography and limnology, focusing on climate research, deep-sea research, and coastal zone management.
Rockland is located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, where we conduct our product development and manufacturing.
· Design of web applications for data processing.
· Work with scientists, engineers, and technicians to extract user requirements and design suitable solutions.
· Convert MATLAB libraries to facilitate executing said libraries on servers.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Strong commitment to teamwork, company values and culture and shared success
· Post-secondary Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Proficiency in database design and administration
· Familiar with web technologies – able to interface with storage providers, manage authentication, etc.
· Able to effectively use source control; knowledge of branch, push, pull, commit
· Technical documentation
· Exceptional time-management skills; ability to meet project deadlines
· Confidence to take a chance and humility to learn something new every day.
Schedule and Location:
· Full-time (40 hrs/wk), 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (Mon-Fri)
· Positing will be located in Victoria, BC
How to apply:
Send cover letter (1-page) and resume (2-page) to email@example.com