Why work at Rockland Scientific?
Rockland empowers scientists to fight climate change. We are a thriving ocean technology company where an eclectic team works in an inclusive environment to provide measurement solutions to ocean scientists in 30 countries. We are headquartered in Victoria and have satellite offices in Seattle, Halifax, and the south of France. Rockland takes pride in its customer-first culture, which is reflected by raving referrals and a growing number of scientific publications.
Our customers have many unanswered questions and a lot of oceans to cover. In the coming years, Rockland will accelerate the pace of ocean observations through expansion of our R&D programs and customer engagement efforts. We will give our scientific customers more and better methods and allow them to do their research in more places. To do that, we need to grow our team.
That’s where you come in! If you want to work with creative, curious, and like-minded individuals, please apply for our current positions below. Our diverse team ranges from scientists to sales, and from production personnel to technical support staff.
Current Opportunities at Rockland Scientific
Thank you for your interest in working at Rockland. We currently do not have any job openings.
While the specifics of an individual offer might vary for position or type of contract, we do make several important commitments.
Pay and benefits:
- Competitive pay based on experience and technical skill level.
- Fully paid Extended Health Benefits, Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, and Long-term disability and Discretionary Personal Health Spending Account for permanent full-time positions. *
- RRSP matching contributions for permanent full-time positions. *
- Gainsharing program. *
- Sick leave.*
- Additional Vacation days.
- Opportunities to take part in job-related training.
- Lunch and learns with pioneers in the ocean science & technology industry.
- A collaborative work environment to learn and grow in the industry.
- A fun and flexible work environment, with the option for hybrid work for some positions.
- Frequent social events.
*Some restrictions might apply.
We pride ourselves on having a customer-first culture. This is the very bedrock of our identity as Rockland and defines every aspect of our operations. Our company identity can be summed up by our Core Values, our 5 C’s. This is “The Rockland Way”:
- Customer: What makes Rockland successful is our customers’ success, we are customer-centric which is reflected by raving referrals and a growing number of scientific publications.
- Cooperation: Work together as a team with colleagues and customers
- Creativity: Be creative in our work to create the best and simplest solution
- Curiosity: The drive to learn, grow, and search for the next best solution
- Civility: Be humble, honest, diligent, and courteous in all activities