OMG 2018 is a specialized training program for Rockland turbulence measurement systems that are integrated with ocean gliders.
OMG 2018 will be hosted by the Mid-Atlantic Glider Initiative & Collaboration (MAGIC) at the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences. Training will be optimized for both scientists and technicians and facilitated by instrument specialists from Rockland Scientific.
Fees to attend OMG 2018 are $1,650 USD and do not include transportation & accommodation. Please contact jeremy_at_rocklandscientific.com to register. Dormitory room & board at BIOS is also available.
For details click here to see the RSI OMG 2018 Flyer
Day 1, May 28
• The Turbulence Mixer Kick-Off
Day 2, May 29 Classroom
• Overview of OMG Measurement System
• Ocean Microstructure Measurement Theory & Sensors
• Data Acquisition Software
• Pre-Deployment Checks
Day 3, May 30 Field Day
• Field measurements with OMG
(separation into two groups)
• Group 1 morning
• Group 2 afternoon
Day 4, May 31 Classroom
• Post Cruise Maintenance
• Data Conversion and Processing
• Special Topics Presentation (afternoon)
• Guest Speaker TBD
• OMG Banquet Dinner (evening)