Self-Contained Turbulence Instrument Package
The MicroRider is a small instrument package for turbulence microstructure measurements, designed to integrate with a variety of marine instrument carriers, such as Gliders, AUVs, moorings, CTD rosettes, profiling floats and the WireWalker.
The MicroRider is successfully integrated into the following platforms:
- Internal Data Recording
- 1000 m pressure rating (6000 m option available)
- Up to five turbulence sensor
-2x SPM-6000 microstructure turbulence shear probes
-2x FP07-1000 microstructure fast thermistors
-1x SBE7-6000 microstructure conductivity sensor
-1x High resolution pressure sensor
-2x high-accuracy accelerometers,
-1x tilt sensor
- Support for Seabird SBE-3F / SBE-4C WOCE accuracy temperature and conductivity sensor;
- Tapered nose cone to reduce flow deformation;
- Safety bulkheads to protect main pressure case from water ingress;
- On/Off indicator mounted on nose cone ;
- On-board data acquisition with 4 GB memory (up to 16 GB available)
- High-fidelity signal conditioning using signal derivate technique.
Download detailed specifications here: MicroRider Data Sheet
Results from a deployment of the MicroRider – Slocum combination in the Equatorial Undercurrent are summarized on our News archives. Please follow this link.