Rockland Scientific provides measurement services for the field or lab. Rockland’s versatile microstructure measurements technology paired with experienced field technicians and staff scientists enable data acquisition from ships, moorings or autonomous moving platforms such as AUVs, ocean gliders and profiling floats.
Rockland Measurement Services produce high-resolution data sets of:
- Velocity shear
- Temperature gradient
- Rate of dissipation of turbulent kinetic energy (epsilon)
- Buoyancy frequency
- Vertical eddy diffusivity
- Dissolved oxygen
- Flow velocity
Our talented team of engineers, scientists and field technicians support the entire lifecycle of your research project including:
- Development of the initial proposal
- Customization of data acquisition systems
- Assistance with field measurements
- Data processing
- Data interpretation and reporting
Our strong scientific background and broad experience with challenging deployments has positioned us as a commercial leader of turbulence measurements in oceanographic, estuarine, and limnological environments.
Leasing Microstructure Instrumentation:
Rockland has a limited pool of instrumentation and equipment available for lease. Rockland technicians are available to accompany lease equipment to ensure the collection of high quality data on your next measurement campaign. Please contact us for more information.
Recent measurement projects include:
- InSTREAM Project: Multiple deployments in the field and lab including NEMO Mooring system, microPod system bottom-pod mounted MicroRider.
- Rockland leased MicroCTD deployed in the Arabian Gulf for 5 day continuous measurement campaign for the University of Kuwait
- VMP-2000-RT owned by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute deployed by Rockland staff on the GoMix 2017 cruise in the Gulf of Mexico.
- VMP-250-IR lease and deployment in the Agulas Current off South Africa with the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Short term Ocean Glider deployments in Saanich Inlet with Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute.