VMP-500 Turbulence Profiler
The VMP-500 is a vertical microstructure turbulence profiler for the measurement of dissipation-scale turbulence in oceans and lakes up to 2000 m depth.
It is equipped with state-of-art microstructure velocity probes (shear probes), high-resolution temperature sensors (thermistors), and high-accuracy CTD sensors
The VMP-500 is available with either real-time data transmission or internal recording options.
Download the Product Data Sheet.
- Pressure case rated to 500 m depth (up to 2000 m option)
- Pressure sensor
- Three-axis, high-accuracy accelerometers
- 2x SPM-6000 shear probes
- 2x FP07-1000 fast thermistors
- Support for SBE7-38 microstructure conductivity sensor
- Support for SBE-3F / SBE-4C temperature and conductivity sensors
- Additional sensors upon request